By Dr. Shamna Prajith.
Ayurveda is a health care system originated thousands of years ago and is in very close connection with day to day life to create a harmony between body, mind and soul. It developed its roots by deep observing, understanding, experiencing and applications of nature and its belongings. Ayurveda says not a single herb born to mother earth is non-medicinal, even a minute grass you step on in your way is medicinal in one way or other. So, how about incorporating these natural remedial measures in your everyday life. Some commonly found and easily available herbs and spices can serve you better in a first aid kit against what is ailing you.
- 2-3 teaspoons of Triphala powder with hot water before sleep.
- Add more fruits and vegetables in your diet like guava, pears, papaya, fig, oranges, spinach, broccoli etc
- Drink a glass of luke warm water with 2 teaspoons of honey and 2 tea spoons of honey early morning in empty stomach.
- 2-3 teaspoons of castor oil works as a good laxative.
ABDOMINAL GAS/ BLOATING
- Chew and eat some cumin seeds or prepare a tea with it and drink.
- Provide hot application on abdominal and lower back area.
- Take 1 tablespoon fresh ginger juice with a pinch of salt.
- Intill 2 drops of garlic oil in to the ears prepared by boiling juice of 10 cloves of garlic in 5ml of oil.
- Instil slightly warmed ginger juice 3-4 drops to the ear.